Bangkok real estate ‘heading for bubble’ – thephuketnews.com, July 29, 2011
…He said entrepreneurs are confident in the country’s economic expansion. But he warned that if the economy slows in 2013 because of political factors or increased foreign competition, or both, buyers may not be able to keep up with payments on their property.
In addition, he pointed out, the higher supply of real estate and the atmosphere of bullishness could lead to rising competition among banks in the home loan sector, which in turn could lead to increasing amounts of bad debt or non-performing loans.
He added another disturbing factor is that real estate purchases nowadays “are mostly speculative”, especially for condominiums selling for less than B1 million…
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Road to Victory is Red
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- The Hopewell Project
- Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand