From Manager, July 18, 2011
Left shirt reads: Bangkok worker
Right shirt reads: Phuket worker
Both workers say: We’re sorry for workers in provinces that voted for the Pheu Thai Party. We both voted Democrat, but we’ll receive the 300 baht a day before you do.
[Most in Bangkok and Phuket did not vote for the Pheu Thai Party. Why do they have the same face? What is the joke here?]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?