Bagan: Myanmar’s Rapid-Fire Development Risks Ancient Site – nbcnews.com, July 11, 2015
…Several hotels have been built illegally inside the archaeological zone — their owners said to be connected with the military. An ugly viewing tower has been erected in the middle of the area. And hot air balloons carrying tourists hover above the temples.
The authorities say they will demolish the hotels, and are looking at stopping the balloons, but few people locally expect that to happen. Officials see a World Heritage listing as a way of leveraging the tourist potential of the site…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!