[To refer to a person as a “buffalo” is an insult meaning they are stupid. Here it is used to refer to the pro-Thaksin Red Shirts.
This cartoon refers to the amnesty act which the opposition maintains should cover only people who joined in protests without committing any criminal acts. This means the leaders of the protests (especially the April-May 2010 Red Shirt protest), Thaksin, and Democrat Party leaders would not be granted amnesty.
The prospect of Red and Yellow groups signing on to an amnesty like this has allegedly panicked Red Shirt leaders who put their fortunes and lives on the line leading protests with the assurance that Thaksin could afterwards be able to gain a pardon for all involved.
In the cartoon the leaders attempt to make sure they are seen as simply innocent protesters like most of the Red Shirt followers and not those who goaded the crowds to violence.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Sorry for using excessive force
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in