Australian editor Alan Morison facing five years in Thai jail – brisbanetimes.com.au, December 26, 2013
[Thanks to Danny for pointing this out.]
…Alan Morison’s online newspaper Phuketwan published a story five months ago that included a paragraph from a Reuters article that was critical of Thai authorities’ handling of the Rohingya asylum seekers from Myanmar.
Both he and his colleague Chutima Sidasathian were facing up to five years in jail and a fine of up to $350 after they were charged with breaching the country’s controversial Computer Crimes Act and bringing the navy’s reputation into disrepute…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?