From Cold War to the ‘Tor Chor Dor’ – Bangkok Post, February 10, 2013
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…You’ve spoken before on the possibility that the armed ‘men in black’ guarding the red shirt protesters in 2010 were gleaned from the Thahan Phran.
Most definitely. The attack by rocket-propelled grenade that killed Col Romklao Thuwatham on April 10, 2010, had the hallmarks of the ‘men in black’. They are a militia for hire. Now they’re the fastest growing security group in the South. Normal infantry have been reduced, but Thahan Phran forces have tripled. They started recruiting women five years ago, and now they’re one of the main groups in the region, minimally trained, corrupt and allied with criminal groups. Many killings have been committed by the Thahan Phran…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta