From Cold War to the ‘Tor Chor Dor’ – Bangkok Post, February 10, 2013
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…You’ve spoken before on the possibility that the armed ‘men in black’ guarding the red shirt protesters in 2010 were gleaned from the Thahan Phran.
Most definitely. The attack by rocket-propelled grenade that killed Col Romklao Thuwatham on April 10, 2010, had the hallmarks of the ‘men in black’. They are a militia for hire. Now they’re the fastest growing security group in the South. Normal infantry have been reduced, but Thahan Phran forces have tripled. They started recruiting women five years ago, and now they’re one of the main groups in the region, minimally trained, corrupt and allied with criminal groups. Many killings have been committed by the Thahan Phran…
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- Eight Years Ago: Thaksin’s World – Coming full circle from Black May
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Nine Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- William L Monson vs Thaksin