From Cold War to the ‘Tor Chor Dor’ – Bangkok Post, February 10, 2013
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…You’ve spoken before on the possibility that the armed ‘men in black’ guarding the red shirt protesters in 2010 were gleaned from the Thahan Phran.
Most definitely. The attack by rocket-propelled grenade that killed Col Romklao Thuwatham on April 10, 2010, had the hallmarks of the ‘men in black’. They are a militia for hire. Now they’re the fastest growing security group in the South. Normal infantry have been reduced, but Thahan Phran forces have tripled. They started recruiting women five years ago, and now they’re one of the main groups in the region, minimally trained, corrupt and allied with criminal groups. Many killings have been committed by the Thahan Phran…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military