Govt kidnap policy: necessary or ‘fatal’? – AP, September 20, 2012
…He said ambassadors were shown a case of $US150,000 cash and release of the hostages was scheduled to take place on August 20 but the plan was derailed.
“(Deputy prime minister) Hun Sen wanted to stop the release so (prime minister) Ranariddh wouldn’t get the credit for it, so on the morning of the 20th, he bombarded the camp,” said Mr Gaisford.
Hun Sen mounted a coup against Mr Ranariddh years later…
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees