Australian journalist Alan Morison facing jail in Thailand, calls for help from Abbott Government – news.com.au, January 11, 2015
…Mr Morrison claims his sister, Jenny Laddy, was told by Foreign Minister Julie Bishop in a meeting in Mt Gambier on December 22, that her brother “should apologise” to the Royal Thai Navy, who were the subject of searing criticism including complicity in human slavery, in the story.
Ms Bishop has denied the charge via a department spokesman.
“In any case the time for apologies is over and I take the word of my sister. I have lost trust in the Australian embassy due to the actions of Foreign Minister and the Department of Foreign Affairs officials in Canberra,” Mr Morrison said…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight