Australian journalist Alan Morison facing jail in Thailand, calls for help from Abbott Government – news.com.au, January 11, 2015
…Mr Morrison claims his sister, Jenny Laddy, was told by Foreign Minister Julie Bishop in a meeting in Mt Gambier on December 22, that her brother “should apologise” to the Royal Thai Navy, who were the subject of searing criticism including complicity in human slavery, in the story.
Ms Bishop has denied the charge via a department spokesman.
“In any case the time for apologies is over and I take the word of my sister. I have lost trust in the Australian embassy due to the actions of Foreign Minister and the Department of Foreign Affairs officials in Canberra,” Mr Morrison said…
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Analysis: The last time a coup chief became prime minister after elections
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- We really care about Thaksin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness