Australian journalist Alan Morison facing jail in Thailand, calls for help from Abbott Government – news.com.au, January 11, 2015
…Mr Morrison claims his sister, Jenny Laddy, was told by Foreign Minister Julie Bishop in a meeting in Mt Gambier on December 22, that her brother “should apologise” to the Royal Thai Navy, who were the subject of searing criticism including complicity in human slavery, in the story.
Ms Bishop has denied the charge via a department spokesman.
“In any case the time for apologies is over and I take the word of my sister. I have lost trust in the Australian embassy due to the actions of Foreign Minister and the Department of Foreign Affairs officials in Canberra,” Mr Morrison said…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta