Picking the wrong battle – foreignpolicy.com, April 20, 2012
…Perhaps the dispute can be resolved with some sort of trade-off. Otherwise the cost of further escalation and eventual deadlock will almost certainly prove high both for pro-reform officials and the opposition. By participating in the election Aung San Suu Kyi chose to play by the regime’s rules; now she needs to pick her battles rather than wasting valuable energy in a fight over symbolism. There’s an old Burmese proverb: “If you choose to live like a bug inside a chili pepper, you can’t really complain if you start feeling hot.”
- Everyone wants to use Article 44!
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Riches from hardship
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation