Picking the wrong battle – foreignpolicy.com, April 20, 2012
…Perhaps the dispute can be resolved with some sort of trade-off. Otherwise the cost of further escalation and eventual deadlock will almost certainly prove high both for pro-reform officials and the opposition. By participating in the election Aung San Suu Kyi chose to play by the regime’s rules; now she needs to pick her battles rather than wasting valuable energy in a fight over symbolism. There’s an old Burmese proverb: “If you choose to live like a bug inside a chili pepper, you can’t really complain if you start feeling hot.”
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Express condolences to beloved cartoonist Tom
- Big men have the same excuses
- The Power of the Ax
- Cabinet going over the falls
- Weekly News Magazines: Bad Omens at Govt House, February, 2018
- Student Hero
- Drinking blood
- Last thing he saw
- I burned the city? When?
- Who will help Premchai escape?