At heart of Thai election, a fugitive rallies – Reuters, June 27, 2011
…”Be prepared. Good things are about to come,” billionaire former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said from his Dubai mansion in a telephone call to a Buddhist temple where 38 communities declared their allegiance to Thaksin, formally becoming “Red Shirt Villages” in solidarity with the red-shirted movement that backs him.
In a sign of his support, the number of “Red Shirt Villages” has doubled to more than 700 in two northeastern provinces since a Reuters report uncovered the phenomenon on June 7…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey