Asia’s Perilous Inequality – NYT, March 7, 2012
[Tom points this out and notes: Contrary to what is being claimed by certain political groups in Thailand, the country’s income inequality is on a downward trend. Additionally, the absolute income inequality (as measured by a country’s Gini coefficient) is similar in Thailand to that of many developed countries, such as Singapore, Hong Kong and the United States.]
…Available data, however, show that since the early 1990s, income inequality has risen across the region (with Thailand being the lone exception)…
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?