Asia’s Perilous Inequality – NYT, March 7, 2012
[Tom points this out and notes: Contrary to what is being claimed by certain political groups in Thailand, the country’s income inequality is on a downward trend. Additionally, the absolute income inequality (as measured by a country’s Gini coefficient) is similar in Thailand to that of many developed countries, such as Singapore, Hong Kong and the United States.]
…Available data, however, show that since the early 1990s, income inequality has risen across the region (with Thailand being the lone exception)…
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Riches from hardship
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Thai govt subsidies add cars in one of world’s most congested countries