Asia’s Perilous Inequality – NYT, March 7, 2012
[Tom points this out and notes: Contrary to what is being claimed by certain political groups in Thailand, the country’s income inequality is on a downward trend. Additionally, the absolute income inequality (as measured by a country’s Gini coefficient) is similar in Thailand to that of many developed countries, such as Singapore, Hong Kong and the United States.]
…Available data, however, show that since the early 1990s, income inequality has risen across the region (with Thailand being the lone exception)…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit