Asian dynasties in need of deeper gene pools – www.theaustralian.com.au, May 23, 2011
…Asia is replete with such clones. After the colonial era, dictators installed themselves in much of the region, mostly with military backing. Since then, Asia has steadily democratised.
But the process has got stuck. In so many countries, the lists of candidates at elections bear an uncanny resemblance to those at the last few polls. That’s because, of course, the names are the same. They’re family…
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- The burning parties
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- Jatuporn’s back
- Turn the ship around
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred