As Thai opposition gains, populist reformer waits in the wings – Reuters, June 16, 2011
…Olarn, architect of the opposition Pheu Thai Party’s economic platform, said his 1.5 trillion baht (S$60 billion), four-year programme would help his party carry out “bottom-up”economic reforms and speed income redistribution in Thailand.
…The richest 20 per cent of Thailand’s population earn about 55 per cent of the income while the poorest fifth get 4 per cent, among Asia’s widest income disparities, says the World Bank…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out