As Thai opposition gains, populist reformer waits in the wings – Reuters, June 16, 2011
…Olarn, architect of the opposition Pheu Thai Party’s economic platform, said his 1.5 trillion baht (S$60 billion), four-year programme would help his party carry out “bottom-up”economic reforms and speed income redistribution in Thailand.
…The richest 20 per cent of Thailand’s population earn about 55 per cent of the income while the poorest fifth get 4 per cent, among Asia’s widest income disparities, says the World Bank…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work