As Baht Rises, Thai Tycoons Spend – WSJ, may 16, 2013
…Populist policies such as higher minimum wages and tax rebates for first-time house and car buyers fatten wallets and offset slower export growth, says Jun Trinidad, an economist at Citigroup. He notes that where exports are growing, it is to other similarly fast-growing consumer markets. Thailand’s exports to other emerging Asian economies rose 6.1% year-over-year in March, compared with a 0.4% decline in shipments to the “big three” markets, the U.S., Europe and Japan…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Thanathorn must learn from Thaksin
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell