Army chief apologises to southerners – Bangkok Post, March 23, 2011
…Gen Prayuth said he was deeply sorry for the deaths of 32 Thai Muslims killed during the Krue Se Mosque siege in Pattani on April 28, 2004, and for the deaths of 78 young Muslim people at Tak Bai Narathiwat on Oct 25, 2004.
“The two incidents should not have happened. I apologise to all southerners, especially relatives of the dead, even though at the time I was not yet in this position.
“The incidents happened partly because of carelessness on the part of the authorities.
“I promise not to let anything like that happen again,” he said…
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Election posters: Looking at you
- No exit
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out