Army chief apologises to southerners – Bangkok Post, March 23, 2011
…Gen Prayuth said he was deeply sorry for the deaths of 32 Thai Muslims killed during the Krue Se Mosque siege in Pattani on April 28, 2004, and for the deaths of 78 young Muslim people at Tak Bai Narathiwat on Oct 25, 2004.
“The two incidents should not have happened. I apologise to all southerners, especially relatives of the dead, even though at the time I was not yet in this position.
“The incidents happened partly because of carelessness on the part of the authorities.
“I promise not to let anything like that happen again,” he said…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing