Army chief apologises to southerners – Bangkok Post, March 23, 2011
…Gen Prayuth said he was deeply sorry for the deaths of 32 Thai Muslims killed during the Krue Se Mosque siege in Pattani on April 28, 2004, and for the deaths of 78 young Muslim people at Tak Bai Narathiwat on Oct 25, 2004.
“The two incidents should not have happened. I apologise to all southerners, especially relatives of the dead, even though at the time I was not yet in this position.
“The incidents happened partly because of carelessness on the part of the authorities.
“I promise not to let anything like that happen again,” he said…
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Express condolences to beloved cartoonist Tom
- Big men have the same excuses
- The Power of the Ax
- Cabinet going over the falls
- Weekly News Magazines: Bad Omens at Govt House, February, 2018
- Student Hero
- Drinking blood
- Last thing he saw
- I burned the city? When?
- Who will help Premchai escape?