Arab Uprisings a Lesson for Cambodia: Activist – Voice of America, February 15, 2011
Political repression, restriction on expression and social and economic equity can all act as a “ticking time bomb” for a country’s leadership, a prominent rights activist said Thursday.
Comparing Cambodia’s situation to those of Egypt and Tunisia, which have seen major revolts in recent weeks, Ou Virak, president of the Cambodian Center for Human Rights, told “Hello VOA” that all political participants here should work to ensure people’s rights…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- Not Richard Mille
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter