Analysis: Thai army takes sides as divisive election nears – Reuters, June 19, 2011
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
…Sources close to Pheu Thai and the military say that could be averted, and that Thaksin and the generals are discussing an arrangement under which Pheu Thai could govern in return for an assurance the top brass would not be purged…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions