Thai radio station promotes debate – aljazeera.com, August 28, 2013
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…I watched as Media Selatan’s showcase programme, Hari Dunia Ini in the local language, Pattani-Melayu or The World Today in English went to air, and it immediately became clear that these journalists are very serious about providing listeners with a range of opinions so they can make up their own minds about issues.
They started by interviewing Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister in charge of the evacuation of Thai students from the political turmoil in Cairo. Later on in the show they discussed an infrastructure project, which they argued is a waste of money because the community doesn’t need it…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit