How to move floodwater through Bangkok – IRIN, June 19, 2012
…To tackle this recurring problem, Jakarta’s authorities have undertaken the East Flood Canal Project, building a 23.5km canal to carry the overflow from seven major rivers – the Ciliwung, Cililitan, Cipinang, Sunter, Buaran, Jati Kramat and Cakung – to the sea.
In addition, the Jakarta Emergency Dredging Initiative to deepen and rehabilitate 11 major floodways and canals in the city will be completed by March 2017. The World Bank is providing $140 million for the project, with the Indonesian government supplying the remaining $50 million required…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking