[Thaksin claimed in a Facebook post to have instructed National Police Chief Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew to tackle rampant bribery of police in Phuket and Pattaya.
The cartoonist implies that Adul himself received his post by bribery or influence by showing a photo of Thaksin and Metropolitan Police Bureau Chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang. Kamronwit met Thaksin in Hong Kong last year. Kamronwit openly admits that he owes his position in the police to Thaksin’s influence.
Photos of Thaksin pinning a new rank insignia on Kamronwit caused controversy. Kamronwit was deemed another “lackey” of Thaksin and Thaksin was exposed once again as the mastermind, not only of controlling the government, but of selecting personnel for key posts.
The cartoonist implies that to receive the plum post of national police chief, Thaksin himself would be handpicking a loyal candidate like Adul. Adul is lucky then that there are no photos of him meeting Thaksin and thus he can sidestep all the controversy.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets