[Thaksin claimed in a Facebook post to have instructed National Police Chief Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew to tackle rampant bribery of police in Phuket and Pattaya.
The cartoonist implies that Adul himself received his post by bribery or influence by showing a photo of Thaksin and Metropolitan Police Bureau Chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang. Kamronwit met Thaksin in Hong Kong last year. Kamronwit openly admits that he owes his position in the police to Thaksin’s influence.
Photos of Thaksin pinning a new rank insignia on Kamronwit caused controversy. Kamronwit was deemed another “lackey” of Thaksin and Thaksin was exposed once again as the mastermind, not only of controlling the government, but of selecting personnel for key posts.
The cartoonist implies that to receive the plum post of national police chief, Thaksin himself would be handpicking a loyal candidate like Adul. Adul is lucky then that there are no photos of him meeting Thaksin and thus he can sidestep all the controversy.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash