Address to the UDD: The Future Belongs to You! – robertamsterdam.com, February 13, 2011
…As part of the reconciliation efforts, a real “Truth and Reconciliation Commission” – perhaps based on the South African model – must be instituted. The focus of the commission should not only be on the most recent episodes of state violence, but also on previous incidents such as the 1973, 1976, and 1992 massacres, which have so far gone unpunished.
…Let’s not let the “ammart” get away with murder again— not this time. Let’s end impunity— once and for all. Let’s not allow Prayuth and the Army to control the future of Thailand. The future belongs to you!
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand