Actually, Thaksin was scourge of visa-runners – The Nation, July 13, 2011
[Actually the Thaksin-controlled governments were very much about following existing visa rules and cracking down on foreigners working off the books who were doing endless visa runs as tourists.]
…The complicating and quadrupling of visa costs had absolutely nothing to do with the Banharn [Silpa-archa] government or the wife of a rich politician taking a dislike to a foreigner on a plane. Thaksin effectively did away with the three-month visa!…
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Top Red Shirts join with the military
- Chinese cartoonist
- They messed up the country