Actually, Thaksin was scourge of visa-runners – The Nation, July 13, 2011
[Actually the Thaksin-controlled governments were very much about following existing visa rules and cracking down on foreigners working off the books who were doing endless visa runs as tourists.]
…The complicating and quadrupling of visa costs had absolutely nothing to do with the Banharn [Silpa-archa] government or the wife of a rich politician taking a dislike to a foreigner on a plane. Thaksin effectively did away with the three-month visa!…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example