Actually, Thaksin was scourge of visa-runners – The Nation, July 13, 2011
[Actually the Thaksin-controlled governments were very much about following existing visa rules and cracking down on foreigners working off the books who were doing endless visa runs as tourists.]
…The complicating and quadrupling of visa costs had absolutely nothing to do with the Banharn [Silpa-archa] government or the wife of a rich politician taking a dislike to a foreigner on a plane. Thaksin effectively did away with the three-month visa!…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Thanathorn must learn from Thaksin
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell