Accused killers oppose trial in ‘racist’ Victoria – www.theage.com.au, September 27, 2011
[Thanks to Danny for pointing this out.]
…Sarud, who was studying in Melbourne at the time of Mr Mitchell’s death, told Bangkok’s Ratchada Criminal Court yesterday that he wanted the charge against him heard in Thailand because he would not get a fair hearing in Melbourne, where many people are ”racist” and he would be held in a substandard prison…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred