A Thai Director Dreams of History – WSJ, May 13, 2011
…It’s in northeast Thailand, the region Mr. Apichatpong hails from. In the 1960s to early ’80s, the government brutally persecuted villagers suspected of sympathizing with communist factions, and the videos are “a small collective memory,” he says, of the village’s painful past…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military