A test of fortitude for Thai, US forces – DVIDS, February, 2011
…U.S. and Thai forces waged a massive assault on a fictional enemy border just a few short hours after the demanding events of the field training exercise. The joint force used Marine TOW missiles, fighter jets, and Thai artillery to pound the distant hillside which represented the border of the fictional hostile country blamed for the capture of hostages in the previous day’s exercise.
For nearly 30 minutes the empty valley suffered the wrath of the two countries’ firepower in an impressive display of explosions and air dominance. Immediately afterward, a rush of Thai and U.S. paratroopers flooded in and took the area in a hail of live gunfire…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- Can they dissolve the party?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts