Fast and malodorous: Bangkok’s ‘khlong’ boat network – AFP, October 15, 2013
…Pam, the archeology student, said her mother can remember a time when the canals were clean, but was astonished by a contemporary comparison to Italy’s Venice and its renowned aquatic transit system.
“This, like Venice?” she said, with a look of disgust as she caught a whiff of the untreated sewage sloshing in the fetid canal.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work