A Private Little War: Muslim Insurgency In Southern Thailand Rages, Ignored By Outside World – ibtimes.com, March 12, 2014
…Strangely, during the early 2000s, when Thaksin ruled Thailand, the government did not the take the Muslim insurgency all that seriously. Indeed, Thaksin dismissed the fighters as “sparrow bandits.” That image has been dramatically altered in the wake of a decade of horrific violence and has given way to fears that the Muslim insurgency poses a threat to the nation’s sovereignty. “We are seeing a greater radicalization of the insurgency,” said Sunai Phasuk, a senior researcher on Thailand at Human Rights Watch, reported CNN. “They don’t want the presence of anyone in the region apart from ethnic Malays, and this they’ve made clear with public announcements…”
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash