From Thairath, June 27, 2019
Title: Having power means one can order the ghosts to grind flour.
On the ghosts on the back: Independent agencies
On the ghost in the front: Injustice
On the left basket: Political opposition
On the right basket: Democratic group
Phi Nooring: Grinding until having blood
Mouse: Become a slave
[The cartoonist laments that independent agencies as well as other agencies which support Prayuth’s government are being used to harass government opponents. This is yet another parallel to Thaksin’s years in power–the legacy of which the military has vowed to eradicate.
The cartoon references the Thai proverb “a ghost is grinding flour” meaning a person does thing without considering if it is right to do or not. They do it only for their own benefit.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey