From Thairath, April 13, 2014
Title: They are becoming a couple who are now facing difficulties together
On the left: Force farmers by buying rice at the lower price of 4,000-5,000 baht per ton.
Men close to a farmer are a rice trader and a rice mill owner.
On the rice basket: Reduce the rice price.
On the ground: No more rice-pledging scheme
On the right on the men’s jackets: NACC; injustice
On the black smoke: Overthrow PM
Phi Nooring: Both are attacked.
A mouse: Taking an advantage from farmers.
[The cartoon compares caretaker PM Yingluck and the farmers to a couple who are now facing some difficulties. Their relationship is impeded by many groups. Yingluck faces corruption charges and risks losing her post if the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) rules against her. Meanwhile, the farmers are disadvantage by the traders and mill owners by reducing the rice-buying price.]
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Missing Marker and Thai Democracy
- Get your gas from a demon