From Thairath, April 13, 2014
Title: They are becoming a couple who are now facing difficulties together
On the left: Force farmers by buying rice at the lower price of 4,000-5,000 baht per ton.
Men close to a farmer are a rice trader and a rice mill owner.
On the rice basket: Reduce the rice price.
On the ground: No more rice-pledging scheme
On the right on the men’s jackets: NACC; injustice
On the black smoke: Overthrow PM
Phi Nooring: Both are attacked.
A mouse: Taking an advantage from farmers.
[The cartoon compares caretaker PM Yingluck and the farmers to a couple who are now facing some difficulties. Their relationship is impeded by many groups. Yingluck faces corruption charges and risks losing her post if the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) rules against her. Meanwhile, the farmers are disadvantage by the traders and mill owners by reducing the rice-buying price.]
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand