From Thairath, April 13, 2014
Title: They are becoming a couple who are now facing difficulties together
On the left: Force farmers by buying rice at the lower price of 4,000-5,000 baht per ton.
Men close to a farmer are a rice trader and a rice mill owner.
On the rice basket: Reduce the rice price.
On the ground: No more rice-pledging scheme
On the right on the men’s jackets: NACC; injustice
On the black smoke: Overthrow PM
Phi Nooring: Both are attacked.
A mouse: Taking an advantage from farmers.
[The cartoon compares caretaker PM Yingluck and the farmers to a couple who are now facing some difficulties. Their relationship is impeded by many groups. Yingluck faces corruption charges and risks losing her post if the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) rules against her. Meanwhile, the farmers are disadvantage by the traders and mill owners by reducing the rice-buying price.]
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?