From Thairath, April 13, 2014
Title: They are becoming a couple who are now facing difficulties together
On the left: Force farmers by buying rice at the lower price of 4,000-5,000 baht per ton.
Men close to a farmer are a rice trader and a rice mill owner.
On the rice basket: Reduce the rice price.
On the ground: No more rice-pledging scheme
On the right on the men’s jackets: NACC; injustice
On the black smoke: Overthrow PM
Phi Nooring: Both are attacked.
A mouse: Taking an advantage from farmers.
[The cartoon compares caretaker PM Yingluck and the farmers to a couple who are now facing some difficulties. Their relationship is impeded by many groups. Yingluck faces corruption charges and risks losing her post if the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) rules against her. Meanwhile, the farmers are disadvantage by the traders and mill owners by reducing the rice-buying price.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished