A ‘Thaksinomics’ renaissance in Thailand – Reuters, June 30, 2011
…With inflation already accelerating, and the economy slowing, some economists question whether Thailand is ready for a new round of “Thaksinomics,” as the signature expansionary policies of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra are known.
But that looks inevitable, regardless of who wins.
“Everyone seems to compete over how much more they can hand out than the other party without looking at the bigger picture — the long-term sustainable growth,” Bank of Thailand Assistant Governor Paiboon Kittisrikangwan told Reuters in an interview…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- Last minute wooing
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- The Bangkok bombs
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019