A ‘Thaksinomics’ renaissance in Thailand – Reuters, June 30, 2011
…With inflation already accelerating, and the economy slowing, some economists question whether Thailand is ready for a new round of “Thaksinomics,” as the signature expansionary policies of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra are known.
But that looks inevitable, regardless of who wins.
“Everyone seems to compete over how much more they can hand out than the other party without looking at the bigger picture — the long-term sustainable growth,” Bank of Thailand Assistant Governor Paiboon Kittisrikangwan told Reuters in an interview…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey