From Manager, May 23, 2016
Top left: Viagra, Piyasawat brand.
[Refers to Piyasawat Ammaranan, President of Thai Airways International from 2009-2012. Despite the sagging reference in the logo, he was credited in a big turnaround in the carrier’s fortunes. After The Pheu Thai came to power he was unceremoniously replaced by a political appointee in a move that shocked the airline industry: How politics ran Thai Airways into the ground]
Top right: Viagra, Sorajak brand.
[Refers to Sorachak Kasemsuwan, the Thaksin crony appointed to head the airline.]
Bottom center: Viagra, Charamporn brand.
[Refer to the current president of Thai Airways, Charamporn Jotikasthira, who has seen profits return to the airline under his management.]
Caption: after changing many kinda of medicine… the Thai White Champak finally found the right one.
[Interesting cartoon that references the phallic form of the Thai Airways logo.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017