From Manager, April 6, 2011
The reporter asks: What is the special formula that keeps you alive for 65 years?
The deity says: Speak a lot and work less.
The caption reads: Today let’s talk with an old lady who is 65 years of age.
[The Earth Goddess statue in downtown Bangkok is the symbol of the Democrat Party. This is the goddess who lets down her hair to wash away the demons attempting to tempt the Buddha.
Here the carton is criticizing the Democrat Party for their good sounding speeches and lack of aggressive policies. This is the same sort of criticism that has dogged the Democrats at the ends of their previous two governments.]
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos