From Manager, April 6, 2011
The reporter asks: What is the special formula that keeps you alive for 65 years?
The deity says: Speak a lot and work less.
The caption reads: Today let’s talk with an old lady who is 65 years of age.
[The Earth Goddess statue in downtown Bangkok is the symbol of the Democrat Party. This is the goddess who lets down her hair to wash away the demons attempting to tempt the Buddha.
Here the carton is criticizing the Democrat Party for their good sounding speeches and lack of aggressive policies. This is the same sort of criticism that has dogged the Democrats at the ends of their previous two governments.]
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand's flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Thaksin's "Electric Pole" Candidate Laid to Rest
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability