Phnom Penh Post’s 20th Anniversary (22MB pdf)
…Hayes had zero experience as a journalist, less as a businessman, and an equal knowledge of contemporary Cambodia. Thank God, or he never would have embarked on such a ludicrous idea as shepherding into existence what was to become one of the finest beacons of press freedom anywhere in the world. With that resume, he fit seamlessly with the metastasizing hordes of foreigners descending on the country. Within a year, Hayes had carefully created and guided the Phnom Penh Post into a courageous and ground breaking vehicle for emerging expression of peaceful dissent and debating public policy–a concept as wholly unfamiliar as it was desperately needed in Cambodia…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter