Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Offloading Subway Coaches
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Thaksin hits his political mentor with land encroachment charges
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- End of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- Nike Factories In Thailand