Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- 8 Years Ago: Has Thaksin really quit politics?
- Revealed: Thailand’s most senior human trafficking investigator to seek political asylum in Australia
- 12 Years Ago: Purachai book ‘outrages’ TRT faithful
- 12 Years Ago: Thai Rak Thai vows 2004 is a “golden year” for Thailand to move up on par with Singapore, Korea and Taiwan
- 10 Years Ago: As TRT falters, Chalerm sees an opportunity
- Corruption at Ratchapakdi Park: Similar cartoon from Red and Yellow cartoonists
- Weekly News Magazines, December 4-11, 2015
- The ambassador takes on lese majeste
- “You…ugly American you.. go home!!”
- Betrayal Pig
- Coconut Shell Land