Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017