Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Missing Marker and Thai Democracy
- Get your gas from a demon
- The weapons spell his name