Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Riches from hardship
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!