Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- Constitution Day
- October 14, 1973
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- Weekly News Magazines, October 14-25, 2016 (The passing away of the King)
- More Thai newspaper headlines: Secure and peaceful because of your royal rule
- Govt warns citizens not to believe rumors on social media
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- Nation weeps over His Majesty’s departure
- Love for the Monarchy: They Said We Were Brainwashed