Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017