Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- Sudarat is finished
- Weekly News Magazines: End Game, March, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: Mouse Over Lion, March-April, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Instruct for hatred
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs