Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?
- The Dead and Thaksin