Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand's flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Thaksin's "Electric Pole" Candidate Laid to Rest
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics