Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- 24 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to Their Rally
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Remembering Banharn
- Banharn’s passing in the Thai-language press
- Men who attacked family in Hua Hin “did not have the intention to harm” them
- Withdrawing the knife is easy
- Getting Jatuporn and Sombat
- Does Thaksin Employ Lobbyists?
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom