Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- 11 years ago: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai Neelapaijit
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s ‘War on Drugs’
- Valentine’s Day in Thailand – Time to Fret About Teen Sex
- Eight Years Ago: Thai Society Horrified Over Sexy Dress
- Seven Years Ago: Samak Denies the 1976 Massacre
- Nine Years Ago: The Gutting of iTV
- Five Years Ago: Taksin Returns
5 ปีที่แล้ว : ทักษิณกลับมา
- 11 Years Ago Today: Bangkok Post editor fired under political pressure
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin victory puts Thai media in jeopardy
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Pledges to Use Absolute Power Wisely
- 12 Years Ago Today: The burning of the Thai Embassy in Cambodia
วันนี้เมื่อ 12 ปีก่อน : สถานฑูตไทยถูกเผาที่กัมพูชา