Catherine reports: WLT came 4th internationally in the language learning section of the competition. Go Thai!
Last year WLT came 10th.
This isn’t just a “fun: competition. The competition is run by two respected sites in the industry: bab.la and Lexiophiles. And many of those entering are serious about the learning language industry. As am I. And I do not take it lightly that Women Learning Thai ended up representing the Thai language and Thailand in the top 25 for two years in a row, as well as placing in the top 100 for 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Against top languages such as English, Chinese, French, German and Japanese, Thai isn’t a popular language to learn. I’m hoping that by making a decent showing in the competition year after year, some just might consider Thai a viable language to study.
Here’s my thank you post.
- Chakri Memorial Day
- From 2002: ‘The dark age of cowardly dumbed-down TV’
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: US War Criminal
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Lucky Son Wins Subway Deal
- 15 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Quest for Gold
- Happy Songkran
- US democracy standard
- Thaksin’s monks
- Thaksin’s web
- Bangkok’s ‘deadly rich kids’ get away with murder
- Songkran 2009: Red Shirts overrun ASEAN venue, take govt hostages in Bangkok