3 years of traffic hell, and then Bangkok will be ‘a better place’ – Bangkok Post, January 4, 2011
…Ms Soithip said construction of the Purple Line from Bang Sue to Bang Yai and the Red Line from Bang Sue to Taling Chan was under way. Construction of the Red Line from Bang Sue to Rangsit will start after August.
Construction of the Green Line from Soi Baring to Samut Prakan and from Mor Chit to Saphan Mai will begin late this year, and the Pink Line from Khae Rai to Pak Kret will be accelerated so construction can begin this year.
Next year may see the start of work on the Blue Line from Bang Sue to Tha Phra and Hua Lamphong and the Purple Line from Bang Sue via the new parliament house in Kiakkai to Wang Burapha.
Bang Sue railway station will be upgraded to become the hub for most of the electric train services, including the Airport Rail Link and commuter trains…
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Red Protests – May 25-26, 2010
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Nike Factories In Thailand