Bangkok bombings the work of JI - The Australian, January 20, 2007
Thai intelligence agencies say operatives of the regional terror network Jemaah Islamiah were directly involved in the New Year's Eve bombings in the Thai capital that left three dead and 40 wounded.
In reports seen by The Weekend Australian, the agencies say a key JI leader in Thailand's southern Narathiwat province was directly involved in the planning of the operation. The link contradicts earlier comments by military-installed Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont who said the bombings appeared to be unrelated to the violence in the south, which has claimed more than 1800 lives since early 2004...
- 24 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Chakri Memorial Day
- 6 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to Their Rally
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: US War Criminal
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Lucky Son Wins Subway Deal
- 15 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Quest for Gold
- Happy Songkran
- Cambodia, Malaysia, and Thailand in the Panama Papers (Thus Far)
- Songkran 2009: Red Shirts overrun ASEAN venue, take govt hostages in Bangkok
- Remembering Banharn