S.S. Ryndam university cruise, 1926 - December 2, 2006
In 1926, a group of university students traveled to Thailand on the Holland-America line cruise ship S.S. Ryndam. Here are 17 images from from the trip.
Wisarut writes: After I took a look at the Royal Diary of King Prajadhipok
published in 1993 by National History Committee, Office of PM,
I found that there was 560 American students visiting Siam from December
4-7, 1926. They rode the Paknam Tram from Paknam to Klong Toei
before putting into Phyathai Hotel, Orientel Hotel or even Vajiravut
A thread on these photos is here.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?