S.S. Ryndam university cruise, 1926 - December 2, 2006
In 1926, a group of university students traveled to Thailand on the Holland-America line cruise ship S.S. Ryndam. Here are 17 images from from the trip.
Wisarut writes: After I took a look at the Royal Diary of King Prajadhipok
published in 1993 by National History Committee, Office of PM,
I found that there was 560 American students visiting Siam from December
4-7, 1926. They rode the Paknam Tram from Paknam to Klong Toei
before putting into Phyathai Hotel, Orientel Hotel or even Vajiravut
A thread on these photos is here.
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- It’s not about Dhammakaya, it’s about Article 44
- Using absolute power to fight corruption
- Dhammakaya requires money to get into heaven
- Inspiration for the foot soldiers
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Dhammayoyo consecrated a lot of Buddha amulets