S.S. Ryndam university cruise, 1926 - December 2, 2006
In 1926, a group of university students traveled to Thailand on the Holland-America line cruise ship S.S. Ryndam. Here are 17 images from from the trip.
Wisarut writes: After I took a look at the Royal Diary of King Prajadhipok
published in 1993 by National History Committee, Office of PM,
I found that there was 560 American students visiting Siam from December
4-7, 1926. They rode the Paknam Tram from Paknam to Klong Toei
before putting into Phyathai Hotel, Orientel Hotel or even Vajiravut
A thread on these photos is here.
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting