S.S. Ryndam university cruise, 1926 - December 2, 2006
In 1926, a group of university students traveled to Thailand on the Holland-America line cruise ship S.S. Ryndam. Here are 17 images from from the trip.
Wisarut writes: After I took a look at the Royal Diary of King Prajadhipok
published in 1993 by National History Committee, Office of PM,
I found that there was 560 American students visiting Siam from December
4-7, 1926. They rode the Paknam Tram from Paknam to Klong Toei
before putting into Phyathai Hotel, Orientel Hotel or even Vajiravut
A thread on these photos is here.
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018