S.S. Ryndam university cruise, 1926 - December 2, 2006
In 1926, a group of university students traveled to Thailand on the Holland-America line cruise ship S.S. Ryndam. Here are 17 images from from the trip.
Wisarut writes: After I took a look at the Royal Diary of King Prajadhipok
published in 1993 by National History Committee, Office of PM,
I found that there was 560 American students visiting Siam from December
4-7, 1926. They rode the Paknam Tram from Paknam to Klong Toei
before putting into Phyathai Hotel, Orientel Hotel or even Vajiravut
A thread on these photos is here.
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017