New motifs minted - Bangkok Post, December 22, 2006
...The Treasury Department plans to introduce a new coin design to replace the temple theme used for the past 20 years with new motifs representing Thai culture.
Wisudhi Srisuphan, the department's director-general, said the likenesses of His Majesty the King, currently on the face of all coins, would remain unchanged...
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- 1932: “Siamese skyline”
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?