Globalization: Saving Thailand's other languages - International Herald Tribune, October 23, 2006
The Chong are a small ethnic minority group in southeastern Thailand. But as
they bump up against the forces of modernity and the dominant, unifying Thai
culture, their language may face a slow death and their unique world view,
local wisdom and rich culture would also get buried...
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots