Globalization: Saving Thailand's other languages - International Herald Tribune, October 23, 2006
The Chong are a small ethnic minority group in southeastern Thailand. But as
they bump up against the forces of modernity and the dominant, unifying Thai
culture, their language may face a slow death and their unique world view,
local wisdom and rich culture would also get buried...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- Not Richard Mille
- The military party deserves a head start