Globalization: Saving Thailand's other languages - International Herald Tribune, October 23, 2006
The Chong are a small ethnic minority group in southeastern Thailand. But as
they bump up against the forces of modernity and the dominant, unifying Thai
culture, their language may face a slow death and their unique world view,
local wisdom and rich culture would also get buried...
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders
- No interest in no interest