Globalization: Saving Thailand's other languages - International Herald Tribune, October 23, 2006
The Chong are a small ethnic minority group in southeastern Thailand. But as
they bump up against the forces of modernity and the dominant, unifying Thai
culture, their language may face a slow death and their unique world view,
local wisdom and rich culture would also get buried...
- Constitution Day
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- The real reason people are poor
- The U.S. supports IS
- Handouts to rural people end up helping who?
- Death by Facebook
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time