Globalization: Saving Thailand's other languages - International Herald Tribune, October 23, 2006
The Chong are a small ethnic minority group in southeastern Thailand. But as
they bump up against the forces of modernity and the dominant, unifying Thai
culture, their language may face a slow death and their unique world view,
local wisdom and rich culture would also get buried...
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting