Globalization: Saving Thailand's other languages - International Herald Tribune, October 23, 2006
The Chong are a small ethnic minority group in southeastern Thailand. But as
they bump up against the forces of modernity and the dominant, unifying Thai
culture, their language may face a slow death and their unique world view,
local wisdom and rich culture would also get buried...
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?