'Influential figures' behind delay in move - Bangkok Post, August 10, 2006
Influential figures are behind a delay in the relocation of pavement vendors from Bo Bae market to a new shopping area, a source at the Crown Property Bureau said yesterday. The bureau awarded Pattana Saphan Khao Co a concession to develop the old Ambassador cinema site on Larn Luang road as a new area for the vendors.
But the relocation, set for Aug 15, has been delayed _ apparently for political reasons...
Google Earth Placemarks: Ambassador Cinema and Bo Bae Market
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?