Anti-tobacco body slams US ambassador - The Nation, August 25, 2006
The country's leading anti-tobacco body said Friday that US Ambassador to Thailand Ralph Boyce had breached the US State Department Directive on Tobacco Policy Abroad by leading a group of giant tobacco producers to meet with Public Health Minister Pinij Charusombat on Thursday.
The group, which included US giant Philip Morris (Thailand), complained to the minister about unequal controls on all forms of tobacco products with cigar and pipe tobacco being less restricted that cigarettes...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament