Bangkok’s underground drainage tunnel will be opened in September next year - Thaisnews, August 25, 2006
...Bangkok Governor Apirak Kosayodhin said the tunnel, which is 35 metres deep into the ground, will drain water from Makkasan pond into the Chao Phraya river. Construction costs about two billion baht, Mr. Apirak said.
He said the tunnel will help prevent flooding in the inner city and several main roads because it has the capacity to pump 45 million cubic meters of water per second.
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament