The Golden Jubilee Diamond - Wikipedia, July 24, 2006
... While the current whereabouts of the Centenary are
unknown, the Golden Jubilee is known to have been purchased
from De Beers by a Thai syndicate in 1995. The diamond was
then given to King Rama IX of Thailand as tribute on the 50th
anniversary of his coronation, who had the Golden Jubilee
mounted in his royal sceptre.
The diamond's existence remains little known even to the people
of Thailand, as the government reported the Golden Jubilee
to be "a large golden topaz..."
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?