Double-decker bus in Thailand? - May 24, 2006
Michael asks: A week ago last Saturday I spotted a red
Routemaster double decker bus on the Bangkok/Chonburi motorway.
It had British number plates and was being escorted to presumably
Bangkok by one police motorcyclist. The number plate ended
with an E registration.
K knowing your interest in transport, I thought there might
be mention of the bus which presumably is a visitor to Thailand
on 2Bangkok.com, but maybe its not a visitor as I have seen
no mention. I don't think I was dreaming. Was it lost or is
it a permanent fixture in Bangkok? Maybe one of the visitors
to your site knows?
Readers can comment
on the forum.
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand