Strange politics for strange days - The Nation, February 25, 2006
...1. The silent treatment for all questions...
2. Silencing of the media. Libel and defamation suits
are the best strategy for shutting up critics, not to
mention frightening them...
3. Politicians not being answerable to their conscience.
Instead of serving the public, various politicians today
serve only their "master..."
4. Independent organisations that are not independent...
- 23 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 23 Years Ago: Black May – Censorship issue of the Bangkok Post
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 5 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to their Rally
- Coronation Day
- 5 Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- 5 Years Ago: Burning Bangkok
- 22 Years Ago: Bart Simpson and the Kader fire