Tour of Thai culture goes where guidebooks don't - The Plain Dealer, January 11, 2006
Thai-American Rattawut Lapcharoensap's exceptional debut collection
of stories, Sightseeing (Grove, $12), stands out for its vivid
narratives and resonant voice. With seven stories set in Thailand,
Lapcharoensap takes readers on a tour of Thai culture, hitting
everything the guidebooks miss...
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military