Why Isan's dip in birth rate matters - Bangkok Post, December 8, 2005
...In just one generation, the demographics in Isan have
gone from six to 10 child families to one and two child families.
And some of these, who are ready to be the next parents, are
electing not to go down that path. The long-held belief that
Isan will supply our country with all of our manual labour requirements
is disappearing in just one generation. The repercussions both
within Isan and beyond is enormous...
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military