Century-old pagoda found under trash - Bangkok Post, June 25, 2005
...Phra Khru Palad Sampatviriyajarn said the ancient pagoda
was discovered by chance by temple staff who were investigating
tree trimmers' complaints of mysterious incidents whenever
they trimmed that bodhi tree. The temple staff removed a fence
and a big pile of trash near the tree and found the pagoda,
half-covered with garbage.
...Words engraved on the pagoda showed it was built in 1853
for about 640 baht and was opened the following year...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!