Worker still paying back debt after 19 years - Bangkok Post, April 4, 2005
Nineteen years ago, Sawai Kornkanok borrowed 5,000 baht from a
loan shark. Today, he is still paying back the loan at 7,100 baht
The 48-year-old state railway employee said at the time he took the
money he signed a contract that put his loan at 200,000 baht with
5% monthly interest.
He said he signed the contract because he needed the money. When he
failed to make payments, the loan shark took him to court and the
court ordered him to repay the loan according to the terms of the
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out