1,000-year sentences in 17-year court case - TNA, April 27, 2005
...But today the Bangkok Criminal Court finally found five
men guilty of stealing royal orders and decorations, and handed
down sentences of over 1,000 years each.
The case, which has been dragging on since 1988, involves the
now-deceased deputy temple abbot and 15 other men accused of forging
documents relating to temple donations in order to request royal
decorations from the Ministry of Education, and of soliciting
charitable donations for their own personal use...
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?