1,000-year sentences in 17-year court case - TNA, April 27, 2005
...But today the Bangkok Criminal Court finally found five
men guilty of stealing royal orders and decorations, and handed
down sentences of over 1,000 years each.
The case, which has been dragging on since 1988, involves the
now-deceased deputy temple abbot and 15 other men accused of forging
documents relating to temple donations in order to request royal
decorations from the Ministry of Education, and of soliciting
charitable donations for their own personal use...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow