1,000-year sentences in 17-year court case - TNA, April 27, 2005
...But today the Bangkok Criminal Court finally found five
men guilty of stealing royal orders and decorations, and handed
down sentences of over 1,000 years each.
The case, which has been dragging on since 1988, involves the
now-deceased deputy temple abbot and 15 other men accused of forging
documents relating to temple donations in order to request royal
decorations from the Ministry of Education, and of soliciting
charitable donations for their own personal use...
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees